PharmaWrite launches Oncology Working Group
PharmaWrite's Oncology Working Group (OWG) teams PharmaWrite's oncology franchise managers and medical writers with veteran oncology clinical professionals, including 3 clinicians and a regulatory expert. This innovative new partnership adds to PharmaWrite's substantial expertise in the oncology sphere and enables their scientific staff to work closely with clinical oncologists who are involved daily in treating patients, delivering supportive care, assessing regimens, monitoring safety, and researching new oncology products.
The PharmaWrite OWG members are:
Maribel A. Pereiras, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP
- Oncology Pharmacist, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ
- Dr. Pereira's areas of oncology expertise include hematology and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, pain management/palliative care, gerontology, infectious diseases in oncology, oncology therapeutics, and drug information.
Ginah Nightingale, PharmD, BCOP
- Advanced Practice Pharmacist in Medical Oncology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Jefferson College of Pharmacy, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Dr. Nightingale's areas of oncology expertise include solid tumors (sarcomas, carcinomas), therapy management, clinical diagnosis/pharmacotherapy, and medication-related issues in senior adults, including medication safety, medication adherence, and medication counselling & education.
Ibis D. Lopez, PharmD, BCPS
- Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Pediatric BMT/Oncology, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Dr. Lopez is a New York-based hematologist/oncologist who specializes in pediatrics, including pediatric oncology and rare diseases in children
Stephane E. Allard, MD
- Dr. Allard is a 30-year veteran of the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device industries, having held executive-level positions at several US and European pharmaceutical and device firms
- His areas of expertise include regulatory approval pathways (US and EU), oncology therapeutics (solid and liquid tumors), and treatments for chemotherapy-induced neuropathies/neuropathic pain.
PharmaWrite congratulates our OWG members and is excited to be working with them on improving patient care in oncology.